3/20/2008

Thing 22: What Did I Learn Today?



How do I plan to keep up to date on the ever-changing world of Web 2.0? And what would I recommend?



I've attempted to archive my personal favorites on my own blog for reference.


Web 2.0 is the subject of much discussion on YouTube, in T.H.E. Journal, EdTech, and other sources, and I plan to attempt to keep up with trends as they apply to libraries and schools. (See my links.)


I hope this isn't too obvious, I plan to use and to teach many of the online applications, especially those relevant to classroom collaboration and the sharing of ideas, presentations, and information.


Both MEMO and TIES conferences will undoubtedly have workshops on the latest trends in Web 2.0. I hope to get in on those as well.


I would simply recommend all of these options, depending upon available resources. I would also recommend using the Web 2.0 tools for keeping up with Web 2.0, such as the readers, the personalized homepages, the blogs, the alerts and tags, and the social networking tools. And I would strongly recommend that there be a next time--perhaps a Web 3.0--in the not-too-distant future.


I would also recommend taking a break from Web 2.0 to go outside and dig in the garden, to go for a jog or a bike ride, and to rest your eyes from the omnipresent blue glare of the computer screen. Take a break and reflect. Take a break to digest. Do your laundry. Catch up on your children's literature. Then get back to it. Technology waits for no one. . . .


Reference:

  1. Webinars

  2. Web Junction

  3. Life Hacker

  4. 43 Folders

  5. LibraryBytes

No comments: