3/20/2008

Thing 23: Some Thoughts before Moving On


At this point, it appears as though discovering Web 2.0--and whatever follows it--is going to be a life-long process. Just as high school graduation is a commencement--a beginning--my experience is my introduction to the rapidly growing and increasingly important online world of collaboration, sharing, and creating, a world characterized by a bottom-up flow of information, a decentralized dissemination of information, and information as interaction. It's complex and messy and chaotic and fundamentally different from the traditional Dewey approach to clear, orderly taxonomies for finding, storing, and even determining what qualifies as information. We're not in Kansas any more.

3 comments:

23 Things said...

What a great summary of your experience and reactions. I am glad you enjoyed it. We do plan to expand on the program and we will take your comments and suggestions into account.

Cindy said...

Duane,

Though I have not commented on all of your Thing posts, I have to say that I myself have leaned so much from your posting that I have been distracted to the point of slowing down my own progress through the Things...you have noted some fascinating sites and tools! Thank you for describing your experience in such detail!

I think you are in for many adventures...

Cindy Gruwell
23 Things CMLE Coach

PatriciaP said...

Well done....please give yourself a big pat on the back for getting through the Things, and doing such a great job of posting your progress.

Patricia-
CMLE